WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 16:37 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post subject: Coastal Artillery
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 20:37 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Group: Diehard Gunners
Does anyone have any idea where I can get a pair of original Coastal Artillery collar patches(Litzen) or a good set of repro ones?

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 17:17 pm 
 WWW  Profile

EM's or Offizieren? If the latter, you could maybe pickup some DDR ones and change the Waffenfarbe with a suitable pen - Marker or Dylon Fabricpaint pen.

Schultze

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:50 am 
 WWW  ICQ  YIM  Profile

Group: Kriegsmarine Küstenabteilung
They have good repro coastal litzen here http://www.landser.com/inc/pdetail?v=1&pid=259 i recently got a set from John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 20:29 pm 

Group: FallschPiBtl 5

Just want to show my fieldgrey Feldbluse. One of my new impressions is that of a Marineinfanterist in April 1945. The 2nd Marineinfanteriedivision defended my hometown against the 53rd InfDiv and the 4th ArmdBrig.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:10 am 
 ICQ  YIM  Profile

Group: Second Devons (UK), Grossdeutscheland (USA)
Hi Hoover,

I'm based in Geneva and have been doing marine artillery for about a year now - maybe we can start a unit in Europe?

Simon

[quote="Hoover
Just want to show my fieldgrey Feldbluse. One of my new impressions is that of a Marineinfanterist in April 1945. The 2nd Marineinfanteriedivision defended my hometown against the 53rd InfDiv and the 4th ArmdBrig.[/quote]

You heard the latest phrase? - "Utility Nickers" - ............one yank and they're off

"If anyone wants to do this seriously, then they can found their own re-enactment group"
Michael Ginns, 10 February 2006

http://www.marineartillery.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:27 am 
 ICQ  YIM  Profile

Pic of my in my KM Marine Artillery tunic (sadly the period glasses are now busted :( )

You heard the latest phrase? - "Utility Nickers" - ............one yank and they're off

"If anyone wants to do this seriously, then they can found their own re-enactment group"

Post subject: my impression
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:07 am 
 WWW  ICQ  YIM  Profile

Group: Kriegsmarine Küstenabteilung
I portray a re-call ww1 ret signalman to the Kriegsmarine Küsten Abteilung. Here is my pic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 23:40 pm 

Hello
Does anyone know what weapons were issued to Kriegsmarine Coastal Artillery battalions? With that I mean if the had any type of priority or they just recieved k98s and MP40s and MG42?
Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 23:57 pm 

Group: FallschPiBtl 5
Hi!

The vets I met were stationed in Norway, Germany, France and Belgium and they said there outfit was very poor. They had only a few "modern" MG 34 and MG 42 but a lot of obsolete MG 13, some MG 08 and a lot of MG 30 and French MG. Their rifles in France, Belgium and Germany were mostly 98k, but in Norway and Denmark they carried French Berthier 1915 and some Norwegian Krag rifles.
I have to say that the equipment in France was far better than in Denmark or Norway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:09 am 
 ICQ  YIM  Profile

Frost_2Para wrote:
Hello
Does anyone know what weapons were issued to Kriegsmarine Coastal Artillery battalions? With that I mean if the had any type of priority or they just recieved k98s and MP40s and MG42?
Thanks

From the photos I've studied and the vets I have spoken to, in Jersey it was mostly K98s, MG34s (virtually no MG42's) and a few MP40's. Also used were MG08 and MG13 in ground and air defense modes - both obsolete of course! the Navy-designed 2cm flak was also employed.

One vet I talked to from a Panzer unit stationed in Jersey complained bitterly that the Navy always seemed to have better equipment and priority in the issue of equipment. He likened the Navy to the SS in that the Navy always seemed to get preferential treatment in respect to equipment!

One interesting note is that Officers sidearms seem to vary widely. There were of course the Lugers and P38's, but in the Navy Command Bunker at Noirmont in Jersey a "Bulldog" brand pistol was found hidden in one of the air vents. It is believed that the officer who owned the pistol did not want to surrender it, so rather than hand it over, he hid it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 14:23 pm 

thanks.
I guess thet considering all the captured weapons should go to someone's hands.
By the way, does anyone have some map or something showing the german defences in Guernsey? Mainly in 1942-42
thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 14:58 pm 
5000+ Poster

Location: Performing my Internationalist Duty in the People's Democratic Republic of Felixstan
Well, I am sure there is something, but here is the AA defences from Guernsey

Andy

(ex happy flak crew)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 14:59 pm 
 ICQ  YIM  Profile

Frost_2Para wrote:
thanks.
I guess thet considering all the captured weapons should go to someone's hands.
By the way, does anyone have some map or something showing the german defences in Guernsey? Mainly in 1942-42
thanks

I'd try the CIOS Guernsey for a good list of publications:

http://www.occupied.guernsey.net/

Also....I would get a copy of Festung Guernsey as soon as it comes out.

Festung Guernsey was commissioned in 1944 by the Germans to be a spectular "coffee-table" book detailing all the fortifications in Guernsey. It was stunningly artistic and today only two copies of the original manuscript survive. At the time it must have been a huge inteligence risk to produce such a book, but today it is the ultimate guide to the fortifications on the island. For the first time they are reprinting the book with all its drawings and unique photos. There is a limited leather bound run of the book which will be offered at 750 pounds, and afterwards a more reasonablly-priced paperback version (for probabily less than 30 pounds!). I would recommend you get the paperback version of Festung Guernsey when it comes out.

There is more here:

http://www.occupied.guernsey.net/Festung%20final2.pdf

All the best,

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 15:07 pm 
5000+ Poster

Location: Performing my Internationalist Duty in the People's Democratic Republic of Felixstan
Wow! That looks a fascinating book!

I spent a week out there a couple of years back both re-enacting Luftwaffe Feld Division coastal defence troops and touring the island.

Anyone want to buy a blast door handle from the Miras battery? ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 15:51 pm 
 ICQ  YIM  Profile

Kozlov wrote:
Wow! That looks a fascinating book!

I spent a week out there a couple of years back both re-enacting Luftwaffe Feld Division coastal defence troops and touring the island.

Anyone want to buy a blast door handle from the Miras battery? ;-)

Dam Russian looters....steal anything not nailed down and take it back to the motherland......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 19:31 pm 
5000+ Poster

Da! Looks very good in my yurt back here in Kavkaz