WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Thu Dec 05, 2019 15:07 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:41 am 
5000+ Poster

Group: Independant, Phils Jock's, Armee d' North Afrique.
How do East German pea jackets and middys compare to WW2 issue? Just a thought as they look similar and can still be found quite cheaply if someone wants to have a go at Kriegsmarine. Might be an option but need some experts to confirm if they are suitable?

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 17:20 pm 
5000+ Poster

Group: Independant, Phils Jock's, Armee d' North Afrique.
Anyone got any idea about the East German pea jackets and middys? A decent alternative perhaps for expensive repros. Look extremely close to me but would like an experts opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:00 pm 

Be really carefull when you purchase something from Sanjay, I got a Repro KM Officers Reefer jacket and trousers from him last year, I sent over my exact measurements about 3 times, and my exact spec etc, I'm a size 42" chest, 34" waist an 5' 8" tall, what i got back was a uniform to fit a guy 5' tall, with a 58" waist, and 62" chest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and sleeve length to fit a squirell!!!!!!!!!! The insignia supplied were pretty bad, and also the stitching, i could of done better!! I also got a U-Boat foul weather leather JKT and TRS, ordered a enlisted mans version, with the small stand up collar, even sent him images, what i got back was a officers version! So in my opinion its a bit pot luck with what you recieve from him, i sent mine back, and got a refund, never again! Although the communications from him via email were second to none. I read that his allied stuff is pretty good though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:50 am 

Thats the only place I know for repro KM gear, I recommend that you 110% double check everything before sending your order to Sanjay in India, with your exact measurements, but get a material sample of the items you want replicating, and some images.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 18:48 pm 

The colour of the Leathers were a light gray, not a bad colour match, but the German spec Denims were a dark bluey gray, ( I sold my German spec denims from Sanjay last year, and bought a pair of british denims, at least they were the right colour). My advice would be to get colour swatches of the material before you go ahead for an order, sent to you in the post, BUT above all if you do order, double-double check on the sizes you send him!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 18:23 pm 

I gave up on the replica Battledress from Sanjay, And what i purchased was a set of original British WW2 Battledress denims over here in England. Then added original KM buttons shoulder boards etc, looks the part when its all made up! Their quite hard top get hold of now, compared to a couple of years ago, You do get them on the UK ebay every now and again, and they go for quite a reasonable price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:47 am 
2000+ Poster

Anyone know anything of the U-boat caps on the Replicaters site? After one at the moment, possible Xmas gift (so ideally I'm after something good :lol: )