WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 13:09 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post subject: Airsoft PpSh
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 15:45 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Pictures of the new airsoft PpSh that is going to be released around mid January. Made from wood and steel the company making them has a good reputation in the airsoft community for quailty goods. I am going to place an initial order for 20 units, already getting a good response from the WWII airsoft guys. Price will be around £200, still to be confirmed. It has already been pointed out you can get a deac cheaper but this is another welcome addition to the WWII airsoft arsenal. It should also open things up for an Ost Front event.

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
 Post subject: Re: Airsoft PpSh
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 21:03 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Like the airsoft Sten it looks a heck of a lot better made than the real ones :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 13:41 pm 
3000+ Poster

Group: Za Oboronu! (For Defence!)
Fatbear wrote:
Like the airsoft Sten it looks a heck of a lot better made than the real ones :lol:

Citizen, how can you mention Vyatsky Polyany's finest in the same breath as some plumbing?

http://www.militaryfoto.sk/pages/img.ph ... e=1&iid=13

:D

Quote:
"Memory is deceptive because it is coloured by today's events." Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 21:36 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/user/hexagonproduction

Seen this on another forum. I love the way the demonstrator makes such a mess out of moving the selector switch. (I'd fail him on a WHT!) Same manufacturer? Or are they all suddenly jumping on the bandwagon when they should have made a PPSh41 years ago?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 23:28 pm 
4000+ Poster

Group: Za Oberonyu! 13th GRD and WPFG
The difficulty all the way along with making these has always been the barrel shroud. Its not round and its not square.

On this replica it looks very, very thin metal... I think thats gonna bust in half soon as look at it.

"I saw cities in Europe that were practically untouched by the war, countries that capitulated to the more powerful enemies even before war was declared, but we are not like that. Our grandfathers, our fathers, our older generation, our great leaders, fought here for each building, for each street." - First Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin on the 70th anniversary of victory at Stalingrad

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:07 am 
3000+ Poster

Finally got a look at the pictures last night (the firewall at work stops them). While i appreciate that you can't tell much from a picture I'm not sure that KomStezh would authorise these for LH use they just look too much like a toy gun.

As Andrei says the metal looks too thin. The test for robustness is can you open a bottle of beer using the barrel shroud.

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:27 am 
4000+ Poster

Group: Za Oberonyu! 13th GRD and WPFG
Frontovik wrote:
As Andrei says the metal looks too thin. The test for robustness is can you open a bottle of beer using the barrel shroud.

And then afterwards use your Spagina as a seat while you drink your newly opened bottle of beer Grenzer stylee :D

"I saw cities in Europe that were practically untouched by the war, countries that capitulated to the more powerful enemies even before war was declared, but we are not like that. Our grandfathers, our fathers, our older generation, our great leaders, fought here for each building, for each street." - First Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin on the 70th anniversary of victory at Stalingrad

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 13:01 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Group: The Far Setting Sun, Doughboys, 2nd Guards
Andrei Kozlov wrote:
Frontovik wrote:

And then afterwards use your Spagina as a seat while you drink your newly opened bottle of beer Grenzer stylee :D

Heh... I suspect you might well be able to open a bottle of beer with it... I'll have to give it a go.

You can also sit on it... though I notice its actually the mag that's at risk of being damaged when you do that, not the gun!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:10 am 
3000+ Poster

Yith wrote:
You can also sit on it... though I notice its actually the mag that's at risk of being damaged when you do that, not the gun!

Same on the real ones. The mag front plate gets squashed down. It's a good party trick but we don't recommend it as a habit. :wink:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:33 am 
 WWW  Profile

Cool... I just realised I forgot to try the bottle opening trick at the weekend... I got through a few bottles as well! gah!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 16:45 pm 

The Hexagon Productions PPSh41 does indeed make a sturdy novelty bottle opener and seat. But I wouldn't recommend the use as a seat if you wish to fire BB's, as the system has been noted for feeding problems.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 22:47 pm 
 WWW  Profile

The feeding issue does not have anything to so with the use as a seat. It's all internal to the mag and can be fixed. If anyone needs to know how then there is a video on youtube showing the process. Later mags don't have the problem.

However using it as a seat will bend the thin metal casing of the mag and risks cracking the stock... interestingly both are potential issues of doing the same with the real steel!