WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums

Uniting UK Re-enactors since 2003

It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 18:58 pm

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username

Post subject: PPS43 yum yum yum
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 17:31 pm 

I just got one
oh boy oh boy oh boy
what a well made bit of ironmongory........
my reference book says if you take imitation as your yardstick,then all the chinese copies would make it the most successful smg of ww2........
go and get one comrades - you know you want one !

Support the Forum
END OF YEAR OFFER - HALF PRICE SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS - CLICK THE BANNER TO READ MORE AND SUPPORT THE FORUM

Username
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:03 am 
 WWW  Profile

Pictures?

Is it a Russian WWII one or post war / from another Eastern Bloc country?

I have one that is 1945 dated, but it's very rough, probably been through a few extra wars ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:22 am 
1000+ Poster

bas

I assume treskow's example is one of the batch Ryton Arms have just imported into the country.

In common with all their other Ukraian imports the guns are either post-war refurbs or unissued. I purchased one myself at Horndean and they are lovely bits of kits. On these deacts you can even operate the body locking catch to look inside.

Quite why the goverment now feels the need not to allow weapons to cock eludes me. As per usual the block has been cut in two and the front section welded into the breach. The rear section attached to the cocking handle is still free to move but because the tigger sear is spot welded down, you cannot cock the weapon. I cannot see what effectively this adds to the deactivation process.

Look on the Ryton Arms web site for pictures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:10 pm 
4000+ Poster

Sadly I think I'm the only man in history to break a PPS 43, typically it was fixed by smacking it against a hard object :wink:

Ð

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 20:52 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Thanks for the information REME, I saw the pictures on Ryton a while back, I was hoping to see what the markings were like. On mine they are very basic, and I was wondering if this was typical of the ones coming on the market now.

Also a couple of years back I was offered a Russian PPS-43 which was of post war manufacture, made for North Korea. I was curious if these were from that batch.

Still at 200 pounds thats a good price for one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:31 am 
1000+ Poster

That is exactly the same marking I have on mine.
According to the ppsh41.com web site it is likely to denote the Stalin Auto Factory, C being an S in Russian.

If Ryton are at Kemble in a few weeks time I will check for other manufacturiers marks, but from memory the ones they had either had a C or a Russian Shield illustrated on the above web site.

All the Ryton examples are Russian war-time manufacture.
It's only been in the last 3 or 4 years that Ukraine has released a flood of weapons on to the market. With the current unstable potical situation in the country future supplies may be a problem. I understand the latest disposal list does not unfortunately contain any war-time items.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 15:18 pm 

Last edited by sudayev on Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 22:11 pm 

i got a pps43 from ryton just the other week-soviet 1945 and mint condition plus it came with all the accessories-i strongly recomend you get one if your thinking about it!

ps i dont work for ryton arms :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 19:38 pm 

I was in the Ukraine last week [Kiev] and it had calmed down a lot. The locals seemed to think the trouble had blown over.
They do look nice the Ryton guns, if they have any left at Beltring I might invest.